Monday, June 13, 2011

*~My Beauty Diary~*

I'm a sucker for packaging and I'm always trying new type of masks...just got this package the other day from My Beauty Diary (on sale at T&T supermarket for only CAD$19!) - a really good deal since there are a total of 17 masks and they're all different types so you can sample each one and see what suits you :) this is very ideal especially for a newcomer to the brand like me who wants to try every type! Plus the alice theme really got me - it's so whimsical!!

There are 3 editions (pink, blue, yellow) - a lot of the masks are similar (there is 2 bonus masks that are different - I think that's what differentiate the 3 editions...They're available on Sasa.com which has really reasonable pricing (you can also find them on ebay if you can't find them locally but I find the ebay prices are much higher than on Sasa.com)

Two of them are Arbutin Whitening Mask. The other 15 sheet masks are Bulgarian White Rose Mask, Bird’s Nest Mask, Southern France Apricot Mask, Aloe Mask, Cooling Mask, Black Pearl Mask, Pearl Powder Mask, Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask, Red Wine Mask, Apple Polyphenol Mask, Strawberrt Yogurt Mask, Q10 Mask, Mixed Berries Mask, Sake Yeast Mask and Natto Mask, respectively.

Two of them are Collagen Firming Mask. The other 15 sheet masks are Bulgarian White Rose Mask, Bird’s Nest Mask, Southern France Apricot Mask, Aloe Mask, Cooling Mask, Black Pearl Mask, Pearl Powder Mask, Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask, Red Wine Mask, Apple Polyphenol Mask, Strawberrt Yogurt Mask, Q10 Mask, Mixed Berries Mask, Sake Yeast Mask and Natto Mask, respectively.



Sasa.com: My Beauty Diary - Alice All In One Mask Set (Blue) - USD17.50
Two of them are Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Mask. The rest are other sheet masks, one for each item. The other 15 sheet masks are Bulgarian White Rose Mask, Bird’s Nest Mask, Southern France Apricot Mask, Aloe Mask, Cooling Mask, Black Pearl Mask, Pearl Powder Mask, Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask, Red Wine Mask, Apple Polyphenol Mask, Strawberrt Yogurt Mask, Q10 Mask, Mixed Berries Mask, Sake Yeast Mask and Natto Mask, respectively.


The one I got was the yellow box set...I just tried the Pearl Power mask for whitening last night and it smells amazing - the effect is average - it's just the normal effect you would expect for a mask at this price point. I did see my skin being whiter right after i took off the mask but typically returns to normal after an hour or so like many other masks...the mask did stay cool for the 30 minutes that I had on which is nice and relaxing (i've had some masks that get warm or dry out pretty quickly)...overall I did it because it smells and feels quite nice and price is very reasonable for casual every day use...but don't expect intense results!
Do be careful of allergies or if you have sensitive skin because my mom tried the Natto mask and her skin turned red for a little bit...

5 comments:

  1. i reckon it's totally a girl thing (to be suckered in by pretty packaging, that is) lol! looks like a pretty neat buy though... even if i'm not partial to masks/masking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, ya I actually butchered my blk loubs the first time I wore them out (not good idea to wear it to the club...) anyway there is a way to protect them! you can actually take them to a shoe store and they can TOBE THEM! it's this rubber sole that mounts on the soles of ur shoes. what is great is that you can get them in RED to match the rest of the sole. before you could only do them in NY but now u can get them in Vancouver, BC...if you are talkin about HOLT RENFREW last call then I bet you can get red rubber soles at a local shoe repair store!

    since they are red, you can't tell and they have grip too! I LOVE THEM
    I actually TOBE ALL of my high end shoes!
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe i love mbd masks! i stocked up bulk when i was in taiwan :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo I wanna try these sometme! :3 haha and btw the Givenchy foundation is very matte, not glossy at all! I would totally recommend that you go try it out at Sephora~ The foundation does give you like a superrrrrrrrr stuble sheen, but basically almost none at all. hard to describe haha! no glitters or visible shimmers either! I think thats why its to amazing :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seem to like beauty as much as I do. Have you checked out the intothe gloss blog?

    one of the best.

    I love bobbi brown foundation.

    ReplyDelete